Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “AI-based Digital Pathology Market, 2022-2035” report to its list of offerings.
The use of technical advancements to automate and digitize medical operations is expanding, in conjugation with the continuously growing need for pathology services. These innovations have recently expedited clinical diagnosis and research, as well as improved patient outcomes. Given the rise in popularity and demand for such services in the healthcare and research sectors, as well as the ongoing efforts of AI in pathology providers to enhance their respective portfolios, this market is expected to grow at a steady pace, till 2035.
Key Market Insights
Presently, close to 80 players are actively providing AI-based digital pathology services
More than 45% of the players are located in North America. Within North America, 85% of the AI-based digital pathology providers are based in the US. Further, the domain primarily features the presence of small companies (less than 50 employees), which constitute over 45% of the overall share.
More than 60% of companies provide whole slide imaging and laboratory information systems
Majority (70%) of the players are providing whole slide imaging for research applications. Additionally, over 20% of such players are offering the aforementioned service for diagnostic applications. Further, 72% of the players are providing laboratory information systems for research purposes.
~75% AI-based digital pathology providers are offering their services to research institutes
Close to 60 companies are offering services to research institutes. Further, 48 companies are providing its services to laboratories / diagnostic institutions. It is worth highlighting that close to 30 AI-based digital pathology providers are offering their services to hospitals / healthcare institutions.
Over 35% players are offering AI-based digital pathology services for detection of breast cancer
More than 50% of players are offering Ki67 assay. Among other target disease indications, Ki67 is primarily used to detect breast cancer. Further, close to 25% of players are offering AI-based digital pathology services to detect prostate cancer.
USD 1.7+ billion has been invested across different funding rounds, between 2016 and 2022
Companies involved in offering AI-based digital pathology services have raised more than USD 900 million through venture capital rounds, which represents 55% of the total capital raised in this market between 2016 to 2022. Further, close to 15% of investments have been raised via seed rounds.
Global demand for AI-based digital pathology is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4%, during 2022-2035
In 2035, more than 45% of the overall demand for AI-based digital pathology services is anticipated to be driven by research institutes. Furthermore, it is projected that North America (43%) will drive a majority share of the global demand for AI-based digital pathology services.
The market in Middle East and North Africa is anticipated to grow at a faster pace (14.1%), till 2035
Considering the anticipated notable increase in demand for AI-based digital pathology services, over the coming years, this billion-dollar market is expected to be well distributed across key segments. Services focused on research applications are expected to capture close to 50% of the market share by 2035.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit this https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/ai-based-digital-pathology-market/request-sample.html
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players engaged in offering AI-based digital pathology in the healthcare domain?
- Which geographies emerged as key hubs for AI-based digital pathology providers?
- Which types of end-users are primarily employing AI in digital pathology in their regular workflow?
- What type of funding initiatives are most commonly being reported by stakeholders in this domain?
- What are the key strategies that can be implemented by emerging players to enter the AI-based digital pathology market?
- What are the key market trends and driving factors that are likely to impact the growth of the AI-based digital pathology market?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segment?
The financial opportunity within the AI-based digital pathology market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of Neural Network
- Artificial Neural Network
- Convolutional Neural Network
- Fully Convolutional Network
- Recurrent Neural Network
- Other Neural Networks
- Type of Assay
- ER Assay
- HER2 Assay
- Ki67 Assay
- PD-L1 Assay
- PR Assay
- Other Assays
- Academic Institutions
- Hospitals / Healthcare Institutions
- Laboratories / Diagnostic Institutions
- Research Institutes
- Other End-users
- Area of Application
- Other Areas of Application
- Target Disease Indication
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Other Indications
- Key Geographies
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Rest of the World
- Key Countries
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, AI-based digital pathology is increasingly being recognized in the healthcare industry. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Joe Yeh (Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, aetherAI)
- Suraj Bramhane (Laboratory Director and Chief Pathologist, Clinitech Laboratory)
- Savvas Damaskinos (Vice President, Research and Technology, Huron Digital Pathology)
- Anil Berger (Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Mindpeak)
- Scott Wallace (Vice President, Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Pramana)
The report includes brief profiles of key players (listed below); each profile features an overview of the company and recent developments related to its AI-based digital pathology offerings:
- Akoya Biosciences
- Roche Tissue Diagnostics
- Aiforia Technologies
- Indica Labs
- Ibex Medical Analytics
For additional details, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/ai-based-digital-pathology-market.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Smart Labels Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035
- 4D Bioprinting Market : Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is a global leader in the pharma / biotech market research. Having worked with over 750 clients worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academia, venture capitalists and strategic investors for more than a decade, we offer a highly analytical / data-driven perspective to a network of over 450,000 senior industry stakeholders looking for credible market insights.
+1 (415) 800 3415